THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. Apply early for 2021!
WE KNOW YOU ARE GOING PLACES; WE WANT TO HELP YOU GET THERE!
THIS IS A SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION. PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG AND ALCOHOL SCREENING IS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
2021 Vegetation Management Technician
Come travel Alberta with us in this amazing summer opportunity!
This position involves:
- chemical, mechanical and physical weed management and control
- record keeping, inventory and equipment management
- equipment operation-driving, lots of driving
- plant identification
- working long days and long shifts according to weather conditions
- staying in hotels/camp/AirBnBs for extended periods of time
Qualifications/Conditions of employment. You must:
- be 18 years or older
- pass a pre employment drug and alcohol test
- be able to proficiently speak, read and write English
- have valid class 5 driver's license for at least 2 years and a driver history acceptable to our insurance company
- be able to lift and carry 20 kg on your back while walking on uneven terrain
- be able to wear all necessary PPE all day which include coveralls, gloves, rubber boots, hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection and half mask respirator (clean shaven)
- be willing to work outdoors, away from home for long hours, for multiple days or weeks
- have a source of reliable transportation to get to our shop (there is no public transit)
- be able to get to our shop sometimes very early in the morning (ie. 4:00 am)
- provide your own CSA rubber boots and FR coveralls.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE STANDARD FIRST AID LEVEL C TRAINING BEFORE THEY ARRIVE FOR WORK. THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATES ARE CONSIDERED AN ASSET: PESTICIDE APPLICATOR (AB), H2S ALIVE, UTV SAFE RIDER, CSTS 2020, FIRE EXTINGUISHER SAFETY, TDG.
VMT's can expect to make $3500-$5500/month based on hourly wage, experience and weather.
Contract length: 4 months
Expected start date: 2021-04-29
This is NOT the job for you if:
This IS the job for you if:
Please send your resume to email@example.com